A law firm with comprehensive capabilities at advancing, enforcing and defending Intellectual Property rights.
Our Intellectual Property practice consists of many interrelated parts including patent prosecution, validity, patent infringement defense and enforcement; trademark registration, opposition, cancellation, trademark infringement defense and enforcement; copyright prosecution, copyright infringement defense and enforcement. Our lawyers routinely address questions of misuse, design-around issues, and licensing potential, and are experienced in all aspects of the Lanham Act, which governs the law of U.S. trademarks.
DeLio, Peterson & Curcio also maintains a very active litigation practice. Our trial lawyers represent clients before the U.S. federal courts, the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) (formerly, the Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences), the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, and the International Trade Commission in matters involving infringement, licensing, technology transfer, trademark oppositions and cancellations, patent re-issuances, patent re-examinations, deceptive and unfair trade practices, and false advertising.
A description of each of our principal practice areas is contained to the right.
- DeLio, Peterson & Curcio represents a wide range of clients in patent counseling, patent drafting and patent prosecution before the...read more
- Trademarks are text, designs or expressions used identify a source of origin of goods or products. Service marks employ such...read more
- Our litigation attorneys are experienced in resolving complex disputes arising in intellectual property law and from trade secrets and unfair...read more
- Copyright is another essential form of intellectual property protection that is governed by federal law and by foreign treaties and...read more
- A trade secret involves information such as a formula, pattern, compilation, program, device, method, technique or process that derives value...read more
- States often define unfair competition as meaning any unlawful, unfair or fraudulent business act or practice and unfair, deceptive, untrue...read more